This recipe shows for pork, but you can add thinly sliced beef, chicken, or even use shrimp. You can also add just vegetables for a vegetable lo mein. It's very versatile.
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 dash hot sauce (optional)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 8 ounces lean pork tenderloin, sliced in very thin strips
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup peas
- 2 -4 green onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 8 ounces linguine, cooked (or spaghetti or fetuccini)
- Mix all sauce ingredients and set aside. To a large skillet or wok, heat oil over medium heat. Add carrots and stir fry for 3-5 minutes.
- Add pork and continue to saute' 2-3 more minutes.
- Increase heat to medium high and add mushrooms, green onion, garlic, and ginger. saute' 2-3 more minutes. Add linguini and sauce and stir fry until heated through, 1-2 minutes. Serve immidiately.