1 hr 5 mins
A basic recipe for lip gloss with limitless variations. I can find the beet powder in the herb section of the natural foods store. Cook time is cool time. Inspired by recipes from Natural Beauty at Home by Janice Cox.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2.46 ml grated beeswax
- 9.85 ml oil (or any combination as long as the total is about 2 tsp, see directions for suggestions)
- 0.59 ml flavored extract (such as peppermint, vanilla, almond, coconut, strawberry, orange, lemon, etc. or a combination such ) (optional) or 0.59 ml oil (such as peppermint, vanilla, almond, coconut, strawberry, orange, lemon, etc. or a combination such ) (optional)
- 0.59-4.92 ml powdered beets (if you want a colored lip gloss, add more or less depending on the tint you want) (optional)
- 1Melt wax and oil together in a double boiler or water bath.
- 2Remove from heat and add flavoring or beet powder if using.
- 3Pour into a clean container or pillbox.
- 4Cool completely until solid - refrigeration will speed up cooling time.
- 5Apply to your lips with a clean finger or lip brush.
- 6Suggestions for oil: coconut oil, cocoa butter (grated if you are using solid), almond oil, vitamin E oil, castor oil, lanolin (be conscious of wool allergies), wheat germ oil, jojoba oil, sunflower oil, avocado oil.
Nutritional Facts for Basic Lip Gloss 101
Serving Size: 1 (10 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 159.1
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: