Recipe by TXOLDHAM
Found in my stash. Source is Dallas Morning News. Great summer drink. I have added Ginger Lemonade in the directons. Also there are suggestions for various fruit and herb ades to add to basic recipe along with some other add-ins and combinations. You are only limited by imagination and taste!
Top Review by FLUFFSTER
This is sooo good! I used all Splenda, and actually put about 3/4 cup and added mashed strawberries when serving. But, before serving, he he he, wink wink, I topped it off with some Grand Marnier. WOW! Just awesome! Thanks so much for posting! Made for a forum event at KK. (hiccup)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, combine water and sugar and bring to a boil stirring frequently.
- Meanwhile, microwave lemons on high for 30 seconds. Roll on counter and slice and juice.
- Combine sugar syrup, lemon juice and 3 cups cold water. Adjust lemon juice to taste.
- For GINGER LEMONADE add to water and sugar, 2 tablespoons fresh ginger and proceed as above. Allow mixture to cool and remove ginger before mixing with cold water.
- Serve over ice. Number of servings is over ice. (You can substitute sparkling water in place of cold water.).
- To make other fruit ades, make lemonade ahead of time and chill. Put 2 cups fruit per batch in blender and blend until smooth and then pour back into pitcher of lemonade.
- Suggested fruits: strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, peaches, mangos, watermelon.
- For Herb Lemonade place 2 or 3 springs fresh herbs into hot sugar water and muddle slightly. Allow to steep before removing. Suggested herbs: mint, thyme, rosemary.
- Additional add-ins: rum, Coco Lopez, half-brewed tea.