1/1 Photo of Basic Lemonade
Found in my stash. Source is Dallas Morning News. Great summer drink. I have added Ginger Lemonade in the directons. Also there are suggestions for various fruit and herb ades to add to basic recipe along with some other add-ins and combinations. You are only limited by imagination and taste!
My Private Note
- 1In a saucepan, combine water and sugar and bring to a boil stirring frequently.
- 2Meanwhile, microwave lemons on high for 30 seconds. Roll on counter and slice and juice.
- 3Combine sugar syrup, lemon juice and 3 cups cold water. Adjust lemon juice to taste.
- 4For GINGER LEMONADE add to water and sugar, 2 tablespoons fresh ginger and proceed as above. Allow mixture to cool and remove ginger before mixing with cold water.
- 5Serve over ice. Number of servings is over ice. (You can substitute sparkling water in place of cold water.).
- 6To make other fruit ades, make lemonade ahead of time and chill. Put 2 cups fruit per batch in blender and blend until smooth and then pour back into pitcher of lemonade.
- 7Suggested fruits: strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, peaches, mangos, watermelon.
- 8For Herb Lemonade place 2 or 3 springs fresh herbs into hot sugar water and muddle slightly. Allow to steep before removing. Suggested herbs: mint, thyme, rosemary.
- 9Additional add-ins: rum, Coco Lopez, half-brewed tea.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basic Lemonade
Serving Size: 1 (83 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 107.5
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 24.9 g
- Protein 0.6 g