Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
The easiest, quickest, yummiest cheesecake ever! It was my mums recipe so I grew up on this cheesecake and prefer it to all others. It makes a great base recipe that you can do all sorts of things with. Dont use light cream cheese otherwise it wont set properly.
- 1 (250 g) packet plain sweet biscuits, crumbed (I use granita)
- 90 g butter, melted
- 500 g cream cheese (philly)
- 1 (400 g) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 lemons, juice of
- Combine melted butter and biscuit crumbs.
- Press into greased pie dish.
- Refridgerate while preparing topping.
- Beat cream cheese till soft, gradually add milk while beating.
- Add lemon juice and beat till combined.
- 2 lemons is just a guide- add as much or as little as you like depending on your taste.
- Pour onto base and refridgerate until firm- best overnight but otherwise at least 2 hours.
- Margarita variation: Substitute the lemon with a commercial margarita mix (lime and triple sec) and tequila.
- Add to taste- i think i used 1/2 cup margarita and 2 shots of tequila.
- The taste does get stronger when it sets.
- Chocolate slice: use plain choc biscuits in the base and press into slice tin.
- Swirl melted chocolate into topping before refridgerating.
- Cut into squares.
LOVED IT! so simple it was unbelievable!! so quick to throw together, and was an absolute hit! i went crazy with the lemons, used three and even some grated zest and it was so zingy and refreshing i loved it! will please even the fussiest of cheesecakes connoisseurs!
my 12yr old brother made this in school so easy but really tasty