Recipe by Natolly
The easiest, quickest, yummiest cheesecake ever! It was my mums recipe so I grew up on this cheesecake and prefer it to all others. It makes a great base recipe that you can do all sorts of things with. Dont use light cream cheese otherwise it wont set properly.
Top Review by ellle
LOVED IT! so simple it was unbelievable!! so quick to throw together, and was an absolute hit! i went crazy with the lemons, used three and even some grated zest and it was so zingy and refreshing i loved it! will please even the fussiest of cheesecakes connoisseurs!
- 1 (250 g) packet plain sweet biscuits, crumbed (I use granita)
- 90 g butter, melted
- 500 g cream cheese (philly)
- 1 (400 g) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 lemons, juice of
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine melted butter and biscuit crumbs.
- Press into greased pie dish.
- Refridgerate while preparing topping.
- Beat cream cheese till soft, gradually add milk while beating.
- Add lemon juice and beat till combined.
- 2 lemons is just a guide- add as much or as little as you like depending on your taste.
- Pour onto base and refridgerate until firm- best overnight but otherwise at least 2 hours.
- Margarita variation: Substitute the lemon with a commercial margarita mix (lime and triple sec) and tequila.
- Add to taste- i think i used 1/2 cup margarita and 2 shots of tequila.
- The taste does get stronger when it sets.
- Chocolate slice: use plain choc biscuits in the base and press into slice tin.
- Swirl melted chocolate into topping before refridgerating.
- Cut into squares.