Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is my grandmother's recipe - I believe she got it from a magazine many years ago however no one can remember which. Very simple, but excellent. Serving numbers and preparation time are estimates. I don't use the cinnamon or nutmeg, generally use 250g cream cheese and low fat milk. Freezes well.
- Fry diced onion and mince.
- When cooked, drain fat.
- Stir in tomato paste and puree.
- Cook on low for 15 minutes.
- Melt butter in saucepan.
- Add flour and cook 1 minute.
- Add milk slowly, stirring all the time.
- Beat eggs and cream cheese together in a bowl.
- Add to saucepan.
- Cook on high until starts bubbling.
- When bubbling, cook on low until thick.
- Layer meat and instant lasagna sheets into casserole dish.
- Pour cheese sauce over top.
- Cook 40 minutes on low oven (160-180degrees Celsius).