Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a great grilling recipe for when you're short on time but still want a flavorful meal. It's an easy one! Notes: You can grill the chicken on your stovetop, too. I sliced the chicken and served it over a green salad.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons caribbean jerk seasoning
- Flatten chicken to 1/4 inch thickness by placing between 2 sheets of heavy duty plastic wrap and hitting with meat mallet or rolling pin.
- In a small bowl, mix together the lime juice and oil, then brush over both sides of chicken.
- Rub jerk seasoning on both sides of chicken.
- Cook on grill over medium hot heat until done, about 5 to 6 minutes per side.
This is a great basic recipe that really is super easy! I mixed the jerk seasoning in with the lime juice and oil and marinated the chicken for about a hour. It was flavorful and zesty. Made by a Tasty Tester for ZWT9.
This was good! I couldn't really taste the lime which I think would make this 5 stars. Next time I will squeeze a samll amount of lime juice on the chicken right when it is about the be flipped. Made for ZWT9 for the Gourment Goddesses July 2013.
We enjoyed this - just like the name says - Basic. It's a great jumping off point for a jerk recipe, especially if you have your own seasoning preference. I followed the recipe as written and liked the tang from the lime. I'm sure I'll be making DH grill this for me again, and soon! Thanks for sharing, LifeISGood!