Recipe by BlondieItaliana
This recipe is for a basic Italian White Cream Sauce (like an Alfredo or bechamel) for Pasta, Chicken, Shrimp, etc. You can add other ingredients to suit your liking, this is the basic version - goes great over Fettuccine or Tortellini... you can also add 1 teaspoon oregano or parsley to flavor. If you throw in some bacon, carmelized onion & a handful of frozen peas & serve over pappardelle it is absolutely fabulous!
Top Review by Adelaida O.
Amazing and simple! I made this last week for my family and regular dinner guest. I doubled the recipe didn't change anything except I used fresh garlic instead of the powder. It was absolutely delicious, my children loved it.
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 -4 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons parmigiano, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 ounce prosciutto (finely sliced then shredded **optional**) (optional)
- 1 dash salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in small saucepan cooking over low to medium heat, stirring for about 5 minutes.
- Add flour and stir until the butter and flour are well combined. Pour in cream & remaining ingredients, stirring constantly as it thickens.
- Add more cream or flour depending on desired consistency.