Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Received this recently from a friend and this will be my new recipe for this type dish.I made it for breakfast this morning and it is a keeper. While I have always put a variety of meats and/or vegetables in my impossible pies, this has a lot of vatiations I would not have thought of.
For a 9-inch pie plate
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3⁄4 cup Bisquick
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
For a 10-inch pie plate
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup Bisquick
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2-1 cup chopped cooked meat, approximately
- 3⁄4-1 cup cheese, shredded
- 3⁄4-1 cup vegetables, cooked and chopped or 3⁄4-1 cup vegetables, raw, chopped
- Choose the base ingredients based on the size of the pie pan you are using.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease desired size pie pan.
- Sprinkle meat, cheese and vegetables, if using, into pan.
- Beat base ingredients until smooth, 14 to 30 seconds in a blender; or 1 minute on high with a hand beater; or 2 minutes by hand.
- Pour batter into pan, covering filling ingredients.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean, and top is golden brown.
- Cool 5 minutes before serving.
- Chicken, broccoli, jack cheese, onion -- ham, mushrooms, Swiss cheese --.
- bacon (6 slices, cooked, drained, chopped), broccoli, cheddar --
- bacon, sliced roma tomatoes, cheddar (the BLT) --.
- crumbled cooked hamburger, cheddar cheese, onion (the cheeseburger) --
- turkey, peas, green onion, dried cranberries --
- sliced potato, onion, herb flavored cream cheese, pork or chicken, green chiles, cheddar --.
- corned beef, sauerkraut, Swiss (the Reuben)--.
- whole green chiles stuffed with cubes of cheese (rellenos casserole) --
- roast beef, onion, green or red peppers, any cheese (the Philly) --
- spinach, feta cheese, black olives, diced tomato (the Greek).
- Use any raw or leftover cooked vegetables, chopped into uniform sizes.
- Carrots and potatoes must be cooked.
- Slice or chop raw veggies smaller than cooked.
- Thawed frozen spinach (squeezed dry) and frozen broccoli work well.
- Add herbs/spices as desired.
- Try all veggie or all cheese pies.
- Add mustard, horseradish, hot sauce, BBQ sauce, etc. to base in small amounts (about 1 tablespoon) if it seems appropriate.
This is good, and it's an easy breakfast. I added 1/3 cup French's crispy onions and 1 cup of Mexican 4-blend cheese to the 9" pie plate and it worked beautifully. After it finished baking, I served with salsa. Thanks for posting the basic to work with. UPDATE: this is what we prefer for a 9" pie: 1/2 cup crumbled bacon(5-6 pieces), 1 cup (8oz.)sliced mushrooms (sauteed first with garlic and green onion in a little butter and sherry) with 3/4 cup mexican belnd cheese. Bake for one hour. Made for a light dinner.
Endless possibilities! I used the nine inch recipe with sage sausage,cheddar and hash browns for brunch. On another day, the 10 inch recipe in a quiche dish with salmon, cheddar and baby peas for a late dinner. This could not be easier to make and is very, very good. Thank you!