Prep 13 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is just a very basic iced coffee, but you could use a dark roasted or flavored coffee to make it something special. You could also turn it into a cocktail by adding a teaspoon or two of Kahlua with your cream and sugar.
Ice Coffee Cubes
- 2 tablespoons regular grind coffee
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons regular grind coffee (3 tbsp for strong coffee, or 1 for weak)
- 3⁄4 cup water
- sugar or sugar substitute or chocolate syrup or honey, etc., to taste
- Make coffee in your coffee pot with coffee & water listed under Coffee Cubes (just double amounts for two people, triple for three, etc.), and allow to cool.
- Pour into an ice tray and freeze.
- Make additional coffee (I like medium to strong).
- Add milk and sugar to hot coffee, if desired.
- You can throw everything in the blender at this point if you like a smooth consistency like I do, or you can just put the cubes in a tall glass and pour in the freshly brewed coffee (hint: Place a long teaspoon in each glass to prevent it from cracking if adding hot coffee directly).
A wonderful morning staple for those mornings when it 75 degrease at 5:00 a.m. Have made iced coffee for years but putting it in the blender with coffee ice cubes makes it into a frothy treat. Thanks so much for the post.
This is wonderful. I love that it doesn't get watered down when you add the coffee 'ice'. A refreshing summer drink - it can almost be termed a dessert!
This was really good. Made it today to cool me off after mowing the lawn. Refreshing!!!