Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
This versatile dough sets the foundation for exciting new flavors. Dough needs to chill!!
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, finely chopped
- Combine shortening and butter, beat for 30 seconds. Add sugar, baking powder, salt until combined. Scrape side of bowl. Beat in egg, vanilla, and almond extract. Beat in flour and almonds.
- Divide dough in half; shaped into 10 inch long logs. If desired roll logs in additional chopped nuts. Wrap each log in plastic wrap. Chill 4 hours or until dough is firm enough to slice.
- Preheat oven to 375. Cut logs into 1/4 inch thick slices. Place slices 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Transfer to wire racks; let cool.
- To Store: layer cookies between waxed paper in an airttight container; cover. Store at room temperaturea for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Another cookie recipe to add to my list very good easy to make