Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Preserving Made Easy – Small Batches and Simple Techniques Makes 4 cups
- 1 3⁄4 dry white wine or 1 3⁄4 red wine
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar or 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs
- 3 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope liquid pectin
- Combine wine, vinegar and herbs in large saucepan. Bring to a boil; remove from heat. Cover and allow to steep for 30 minutes to extract flavors.
- Strain mixture through a lined sieve; discard leaves. Return liquid to saucepan and stir in sugar.
- Bring to a boil over high heat and boil rapidly for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in pectin.
- Ladle into hot jars and process for 10 minutes in water bath.