Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
The basic technique for making herb butter is simple. First cream the butter until it is light and fluffy. Then, add finely minced fresh herb leaves. You can pack the herb butter in candy molds, shape the chilled butter into little balls, use small cookie cutters to make shapes or roll the chilled butter into logs using a piece of waxed paper.
- Using an electric mixer, cream butter until light and fluffy.
- Stir in finely minced herbs and lemon juice or lemon rid.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and other desired seasonings.
- Shape as desired.
- Chill for several hours to allow the flavors to blend.
- If stored in the refrigerator, herb butters should be used within 3 days.
- If frozen, herb butters will keep for 6 months.
- Suggested Herb Combination:.
- - Basil, Tarragon and Thyme.
- - Chives, Parsley, Tarragon and Shallots.
- - Rosemary, Chives, Parsley and Garlic.
- - Chives and Sun-dried Tomatoes.
- - Mint, Parsley and Garlic.
A very good recipe, the basic technique is described and the rest is up to you! I added parsley and garlic and lemon juice only, I used salted butter so did not add extra salt. I like to keep a basic garlic butter on hand and then add additional herbs to the dish I am making. I now have a container of little garlic butter balls in my freezer!