Recipe by 1kmarcum
Easy way to make ham and beans and not have to wait all day for it! I have made this recipe to fit into my 5 qt electronic pressure cooker.
Top Review by ashabranerk
This is FABULOUS! And so easy! The first time I prepared it just as the recipe directed. But the beans were still a bit crunchy. So I fired up the cooker for another 25 minutes. PERFECT! I didn't add any additional spices or anything. (I did use our Christmas ham - no bone, just ham pieces - but the flavor was wonderful!)
I will make this again - and again!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs dry white beans
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ham
- 4 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut up onion, garlic and ham.
- Rinse beans and remove any that are discolored.
- Place all ingredients in pressure cooker with seasonings to taste.
- Turn on high pressure for 25 minutes. (If you have an electronic pressure cooker the meat setting is great for this recipe).
- Remove bay leaf.
- Serve with cornbread!