Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this recipe from "The Detroit Free Press". I friend gave me the recipe and made it over the weekend. He gave me a taste this morning; it was sooooo delicious. I had to submit it for safe keeping. It will be my new guacamole recipe, since I've never exactly followed a recipe for guac. Yummy!!
- 3 avocados, halved and pitted
- 1⁄3 cup cilantro leaf, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup white onion, diced
- 1⁄3 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely minced
- In a medium bowl, scoop the flesh of the avocados and mash lightly.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir gently.
- The mixture should be a mix of chunky and smooth.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as necessary.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
Sounds delicious. Would go great with Grande Tortilla chips. Mmmmm!
Simple and tasty, thank you!
I made this the other night for New Kids on the Block tag game and it was quite tasty. I cut the recipe down for DH and I but used 2 small avocados and instead of lime juice (which I would normally use) I used a meyer lemon (because my lemon tree had some lemons ready to use) and it really didn't make much difference in the taste. Very good and thank you for submitting the recipe.