Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Add the seeds of the avocados to the mixture (by adding seeds to dip will stop it darkening).
- 1⁄4 small red onion, cut into chunks
- 1 large tomatoes, seeded & cut into chunks
- 2 large avocados, peeled
- 1 -2 garlic clove, mashed & chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt & pepper
- 1 fresh jalapeno, seeded & chopped (optional)
- Cut the onion, tomato, & avocado flesh into rough ½” chunks,
- mash them in a bowl with a sturdy fork, then add the remaining seasonings.
- Serve immediately.
- If the guacamole must stand, keep it in a cool place, but not refrigerated, with plastic wrap pressed directly onto the surface to prevent discoloring.
Great simple guacamole dip -- we aren't used to the chunks of tomato and we like them. Made for PAC Sept 2008.
This was the first time I ever had guacamole, and I love it! Easy and perfect for chip-dipping. Made this for Fall PAC '08 and will make again soon! Thanks for the healthy recipe.
This is a good basic recipe for guacamole. I did leave out the olive oil, add a few more garlic cloves and just used the salt and pepper as needed. Thanks for posting. Made for Fall PAC 2008.