Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Basic green salad
- Leave the lettuce leaves whole if small, or shred as finely as you like. Peel and slice the onion. Put the lettuce and onion into a salad bowl, add the vinaigrette and lightly turn the lettuce over in the dressing, until well mixed.
- Other salad vegetables can be added:.
- Beetroot (cooked if necessary, and sliced).
- Celery (washed, scraped if necessary, cut into 1in lengths).
- Cucumber (washed, cut into rings or chunks).
- Pepper (washed, cored, cut into rings).
- Radishes (with tops cut off, roots removed, and washed).
- Spring onion (washed, cut off roots and yellow leaves, cut into rings or leave whole).
- Tomatoes (washed, sliced or cut into quarters).
- Watercress, mustard and cress (washed, sprinkled on top of the other vegetables).