Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Basic green chili recipe - It has potatoes but no tomatoes. It is excellent eaten alone or served up smothering whatever. This makes a lot. Be prepared to freeze the extras or give it away!
- 5 lbs pork loin, cubed
- 4 medium onions, diced
- 2 gallons water
- 1 cup dried cilantro
- 3 tablespoons beef base
- 3 tablespoons garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon coriander, ground
- 1 tablespoon cumin, ground
- 3 (24 ounce) cans diced green chilies
- 8 medium potatoes, small cube
- 1 quart water
- 12 ounces cornstarch
- In a large pot combine pork, onions, water, beef base, clantro, garlic salt, black pepper, corriander and cumin.
- Bring to a boil then simmer until the meat is tender.
- Add the potatoes and the green chilis.
- Bring back to a boil and simmer until the potatoes are tender.
- In a bowl combine the quart of water with the corn starch.
- Add to the pot and stir well.
- Continue simmering until desired thickness.