Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
A standard gravy made from the pan juices from the meat and or chicken.
Make and share this Basic Gravy recipe from Food.com.
- Skim fat from pan juices. Place dish over heat, cook scraping base of dish for 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in flour. Cook 1 minute.
- Remove from heat. Gradually blend in liquid.
- Return to heat. Cook stirring constantly until gravy boils and thickens.
- Simmer 3 minutes, blending in seasonings.
I cooked a Pork Butt roast in the crockpot, so just dipped out the drippings I needed to make gravy. I used a bit more than a 1/4 cup, added to a pan and then added the flour per instructions. I used 1 and 1/2 cups of chicken broth. This gravy recipe is so-oooo DELICIOUS.... I'll be using again and again. Thanks so much for posting. M.Joan
I have used this recipe about 4 times in the last 2 weeks & I really like it! It's great on steak, sausages or Chrissyo's yummy rissoles #63195. I am yet to try the chicken version but I am very impressed with the beef stock version. Thanks Wendy for a beaut gravy recipe!