Recipe by Marg (CaymanDesigns)
Originally from the Fanny Farmer Baking Book. I use it for my Lemon Meringue and Key Lime Pies. I don't usually add the cinnamon but it is an option.
Top Review by Outta Here
Very basic and easy and VERY tasty. I didn't use the cinnamon, since I was filling it with lemon. I used it in a removable bottom tart pan and used the baked method. Worked great! Made for TOP FAVORITES of 2009 COOKBOOKS TAG GAME.
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 12-14 whole crackers)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cracker crumbs and sugar in a bowl, then add the butter and optional cinnamon.
- Stir with a fork until crumbs are moistened.
- Empty the mixture in the pie plate, then pat and press mixture evenly all around the bottom and sides of the plate.
- Before filling, either bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 8-10 minutes or chill for about an hour.
- (You simply want the crust to be firm and both baking and chilling will do that, although I prefer baking.).