Originally from the Fanny Farmer Baking Book. I use it for my Lemon Meringue and Key Lime Pies. I don't usually add the cinnamon but it is an option.
- Combine cracker crumbs and sugar in a bowl, then add the butter and optional cinnamon.
- Stir with a fork until crumbs are moistened.
- Empty the mixture in the pie plate, then pat and press mixture evenly all around the bottom and sides of the plate.
- Before filling, either bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 8-10 minutes or chill for about an hour.
- (You simply want the crust to be firm and both baking and chilling will do that, although I prefer baking.).