Recipe by CraftScout
I got this recipe from Real Simple Magazine (actually my mom sent me the recipe), and I would love to say that I modified it, but I haven't. The recipe was so perfect as it was, yummy, juicy, and a crowd pleaser at my house, that I don't think I need to change a thing.
Top Review by NELady
Great recipe - easy to throw together & presents well on the table. I followed the recipe as directed except I used russet potatoes instead of red potatoes (they were on sale). I loved the crispy potatoes and the chicken was very yummy! Made for gnome tag!
- 1587.57-1814.36 g bone-in chicken pieces
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 12.32 ml kosher salt
- 3.69 ml black pepper
- 680.38 g red potatoes, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 sprig fresh rosemary, stemmed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Rinse chicken inside and out. Pat dry with paper towels. Place in a roasting pan.
- Drizzle chicken with 1 T. of the oil and season with 1 1/2 t. salt and 1/2 t. pepper. Rub this into the chicken pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining oil, salt, pepper, potatoes, and rosemary. Pour into the roasting pan and spread into an even layer around and under the chicken pieces.
- Roast until the chicken is done (thigh reads 180 degrees on a meat thermometer), about 45 minutes.