1/2 Photos of Basic Garlic Butter Brussels Sprouts
So many people think they don't like brussels sprouts - it's sad, because they're such a wonderfully tasty vegetable! I figure they must have had them prepared badly when they were younger, because everybody I fix them for change their minds about them. My latest conquest was my husband, who thought he didn't like them, either. He has since changed his mind, of course.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1If you can, get your brussels sprouts from a store that sells them loose in bins; pick out the smaller, tight sprouts.
- 2To cook them, clean and trim the sprouts, removing the bottom stem and tougher outside leaves (very important!).
- 3You've already cut the bottom of the stalk off: now cut an"X" into the bottom of each sprout (about an 1/8 of an inch deep).
- 4Steam the sprouts for about 20 minutes, until they are soft (everybody prefers theirs in their own way, but I cannot stand crunchy brussels sprouts).
- 5While the sprouts are steaming, sauté the minced garlic in a little bit of butter for about 3 minutes, then combine them into the rest of the melted butter.
- 6When spouts are done cooking place them in a serving dish, pour the melted garlic butter over the sprouts, season lightly with salt and pepper, and serve.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basic Garlic Butter Brussels Sprouts
Serving Size: 1 (90 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 263.0
- Calories from Fat 213
- Total Fat 23.7 g
- Saturated Fat 14.7 g
- Cholesterol 61.0 mg
- Sodium 195.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 4.2 g