Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Simple and good. Wakes up a meal. Nice with mac 'n cheese or any similar bland-type dish.
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes (or green)
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper
- Cut thin slices from ends of tomatoes; cut tomatoes into 3/4 inch slices.
- Melt butter in large skillet.
- Dip slices into egg, then coat with bread crumbs.
- Cook in butter, turning once, until golden brown.
- Season with salt and pepper.