1/7 Photos of Basic Fried Rice - With Variations
Another recipe that I acquired from a Chinese cooking class that I took. This is a basic fried rice recipe, but has lots of optional ingredients that you can pick and choose to add to the rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups brown rice, cooked, cold
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil, to 4
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- 1 teaspoon sherry wine
- 2 eggs, beaten
Meat Choices (use 1 cup)
- roast pork (optional)
- roast beef (optional)
- lamb, roasted (optional)
- duck, roasted (optional)
- turkey, roasted (optional)
- chicken, roasted (optional) or chicken, boiled (optional)
- boiled ham (optional) or baked ham (optional)
- bacon, pan fried (optional)
- Chinese sausage, steamed (optional)
Seafood Choices (use 1 cup)
Vegetable Choices (use 1 cup)
- bamboo shoot (optional)
- bean sprouts, blanched (optional)
- celery, blanched (optional)
- cucumber, add at the very end (optional)
- green peas, parboiled (optional)
- lettuce, add at the very end (optional)
- mushrooms, fresh, canned (soak if dried, optional) (optional) or dried mushroom (soak if dried) (optional)
- onion (optional)
- bell pepper (optional)
- pimiento (optional)
- scallion (optional)
- string bean, parboiled (optional)
- tomato, peeled, add at the very end (optional)
- water chestnut (optional)
- 1Dice or shred meat and vegetables.
- 2Heat oil in wok; stir-fry green onions.
- 3Add fresh vegetables and stir-fry to soften.
- 4Add canned vegetables and meat; stir-fry to heat and blend flavors.
- 5Remove from wok.
- 6Heat some more oil if needed, to smoking.
- 7Add rice and heat through completely.
- 8Return vegetables and meat to wok, add soy sauce, salt, sugar and sherry.
- 9Fold in eggs and turn off heat just as they begin to set.
- 10SUGGESTED combinations:.
- 11beef, onions and green pepper.
- 12bacon, onions, lettuce and tomatoes.
- 13chicken, onions and bean sprouts.
- 14chicken, bamboo shoots, mushrooms and cucumber.
Browse Our Top Brown Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Brown Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basic Fried Rice - With Variations
Serving Size: 1 (664 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 793.2
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 93.0 mg
- Sodium 552.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 144.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 18.9 g