Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a fried rice that I have been making for a long, long time. You can add whatever you want to this basic recipe. We like it as is, but you may add chicken, shrimp, pork, or beef. Also, you may add scallions instead of onions, two eggs instead of one, grated carrots or zucchini or more mushrooms. You may add canned bean sprouts or sliced green pepper if you want. It is so versatile. If you add a lot of extras, you may need more soy sauce and brown sauce. This is the basic recipe.
- Measure leftover rice and set aside.
- In a large pan put a little oil and add the chopped onions; cook on low heat till just about done; push aside.
- Add the chopped mushroom and cook just a couple of minutes.
- Any extras you may add at this time--frizzle a little.
- Add the beaten egg and scramble till done and then chop up in the pan till fine.
- Add the soy sauce and brown sauce and stir well.
- Add the meat.
- Heat through and serve.
Great recipe Mimi! We really enjoyed it. We had along with pork chops, so I didn't add any into the rice. My boys ate this until they were stuffed to the gills and wanted to know when we were having it again. Thanks for this keeper!