Simple lemon curd and a stand-by, 5-ingredient, no-roll pastry!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cold hard butter (roughly chopped)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
lemon pie filling
- 2With a pastry cutter or potato ricer begin to incorporate the sugar and butter. Combine flour until resembles course crumbs.
- 3Add water, vinegar and vanilla (if you choose) and combine until it holds together when pressed.
- 4Press into a 9-inch flan or spring form pan. Cover the bottom and sides evenly. Chill for 15 minutes.
- 5Pierce pastry with a fork, cover with foil and bake at 375 for 20 minutes remove the foil and bake until lightly golden.
- 6LEMON CURD.
- 7In a small saucepan combine remaining 1/4 cup sugar, lemon zest and orange juice. Simmer over low until zest is softened and translucent and sugar has entirely dissolved. Once done, remove from heat allow to cool and then add to fresh lemon juice.
- 8With an electric mixer mix 3 egg whites and 1 egg yolk with 1/2 cup sugar. Blend until creamy. Add remaining 2 yolks. Blend.
- 9While mixing with a spatula, drizzle in warm lemon juice into egg mixture.
- 10Fill pastry shell and bake at 350°F for 20-30 minutes until firm but not too golden. If the top is browning, cover with foil.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basic French Styled Lemon Tart
Serving Size: 1 (78 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 344.9
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 132.8 mg
- Sodium 108.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 30.8 g
- Protein 6.0 g