Make and share this Basic French Silk Pie recipe from Food.com.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler set over simmering water.
- Set aside to cool to thick but still liquid.
- Combine eggs and sugar in a double broiler until hot but not scrambled.
- Remove from heat.
- With a mixer beat the chocolate into the egg mixture, then beat in the cold butter.
- Beat for 15 minutes--yes 15 minutes--you wanted silk.
- Beat in vanilla and booze.
- Scrape the filling into the shell and chill in fridge for at least 3 hours.
- Serve with whipped cream.