Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs 10 mins
I dunno where I originally got this from, but I like the amount I can make (12 cups). My local fish store will keep bones for me, for no charge!
- 2 lbs fresh fish bones, from white,nonoily fish
- 12 cups filtered water or 12 cups mineral water
- 1⁄2 cup white wine (the kind you'd drink)
- 10 whole black peppercorns
- 1 large onion, unpeeled and chopped
- 3 slices fresh ginger (1-inch)
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- Put all ingredients in a large stockpot over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, partially cover, and simmer for 2 hours.
- Refrigerate or freeze until ready to use.
- I like to freeze in ice cube trays, then place in a ziplock freezer bag (doubled, to prevent any possible freezer burn).
fish stock must not use carrot cause it gives the couloring to it. Well so this is not a basic fish stock, just use onion celery maybe mushrooms