Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
A great natural substitute to store bought cold cream or makeup removers!
- 28.34 g jojoba oil
- 28.34 g grapeseed oil
- 14.17-28.34 g beeswax (less for a thinner cream)
- 56.69 g distilled water or 56.69 g filter water
- 4.92 ml vegetable glycerin
- 4.92 ml borax
- 0.65 ml lavender oil
- 2.6 ml grapefruit seed extract (acts as a preservative)
- Slowly melt first 4 ingredients in a double boiler.
- Once melted, then pour into a bowl, add remaining ingredients and beat until creamy.
- Store in a covered glass jar.
- Will last up to 6 months.
Good recipe! Removes make-up and softens my skin. Borax's main use-----whitening agent. I don't use the borax. It's toxic, and no safe levels have been established. I, also, used Rose essential oil instead of lavender. Rose is great for softening mature skin, plus the smell is wonderful.