Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
A great natural substitute to store bought cold cream or makeup removers!
- 1 ounce jojoba oil
- 1 ounce grapeseed oil
- 1⁄2-1 ounce beeswax (less for a thinner cream)
- 2 ounces distilled water or 2 ounces filter water
- 1 teaspoon vegetable glycerin
- 1 teaspoon borax
- 10 drops lavender oil
- 40 drops grapefruit seed extract (acts as a preservative)
- Slowly melt first 4 ingredients in a double boiler.
- Once melted, then pour into a bowl, add remaining ingredients and beat until creamy.
- Store in a covered glass jar.
- Will last up to 6 months.
Good recipe! Removes make-up and softens my skin. Borax's main use-----whitening agent. I don't use the borax. It's toxic, and no safe levels have been established. I, also, used Rose essential oil instead of lavender. Rose is great for softening mature skin, plus the smell is wonderful.