Recipe by Wendy's Kitchen
This is a very quick recipe for butter cake that never fails. You can ice it with any frosting you desire - I will post frostings for butterscotch and chocolate cream ripple which go well with this cake.
- 125 g butter or 125 g margarine
- 1⁄2 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 cups self-raising flour, sifted
- 1⁄2 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a t ime beating well after each addition. Add vanilla essence. Beat.
- Fold flour into creamed mixture alternating with milk, beginning and ending with flour.
- Spoon into greased 20cm square cake tin.
- Bake in moderate oven (180 degrees C) for 35 to 40 minutes until skewer inserted into centre comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in tin 5 minutes before turning out. Cool completely before icing.