1/2 Photos of Basic Doughnut Holes
Just your basic doughnut holes with ingredients most folks usually have on hand... No tedious rolling out and cutting dough into shapes... Simply mix and drop by tsp. into hot fat... Couldn't be easier!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup egg substitute (Egg Beaters)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons 1% low-fat milk
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- granulated sugar (optional)
- cinnamon sugar (optional)
- confectioners' sugar (optional)
- 1Combine well the oil, egg substitute and milk.
- 2In a separate bowl combine well the sugar, flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg.
- 3Then add the egg mixture to the dry mixture and combine well; Drop by spoonful into hot (375°F.) oil in deep pan on stovetop or in deep fryer.
- 4Fry until golden brown (you may have to turn them over as they cook to get all parts browned).
- 5Remove from oil, draining carefully but while still damp from frying, roll hot doughnut holes in the granulated sugar or confectioner's sugar OR you may simply leave them plain.
- 6A terrific companion to your favorite coffee, tea or hot chocolate!
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basic Doughnut Holes
Serving Size: 1 (79 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 225.0
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.7 mg
- Sodium 318.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 10.6 g
- Protein 5.2 g