Recipe by PinkCherryBlossom
Once made this can be frozen for up to 2 months. Ideal for a quick meal, combine with meat or veggies of your choice
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 500 g onions, finely chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1 inch gingerroot, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons madras curry paste
- 400 g canned chopped tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large shallow pan.
- Throw in onions and cook for 10 mins, or until soft.
- Tip in the garlic and ginger, then cook for a further 2 mins, watching the garlic doesn't burn.
- Stir in curry paste and cook for another minute.
- Now pour in 1 liter of cold water, the tomatoes and 1 tsp salt.
- Give it a good stir and bring to the boil.
- Cook the sauce over a high heat for about 10 mins, or until the liquid has reduced by a third.
- Will keep for 1 week in the fridge or freeze for up to 2 months.