Once made this can be frozen for up to 2 months. Ideal for a quick meal, combine with meat or veggies of your choice
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil in a large shallow pan.
- 2Throw in onions and cook for 10 mins, or until soft.
- 3Tip in the garlic and ginger, then cook for a further 2 mins, watching the garlic doesn't burn.
- 4Stir in curry paste and cook for another minute.
- 5Now pour in 1 liter of cold water, the tomatoes and 1 tsp salt.
- 6Give it a good stir and bring to the boil.
- 7Cook the sauce over a high heat for about 10 mins, or until the liquid has reduced by a third.
- 8Will keep for 1 week in the fridge or freeze for up to 2 months.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basic Curry Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (972 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 683.8
- Calories from Fat 385
- Total Fat 42.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 175.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.1 g
- Sugars 32.1 g
- Protein 9.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: