Recipe by Dina Cohen
This is a very simple curry. You can add any vegetable that you like. I found this recipe on the post punk kitchen and changed it a bit. You can add only half a lemon juice if you don't like a strong tart flavor. Throw in your favorite vegetable (eggplant, sweet potato, pepper, etc.)
Top Review by Chef Dudo
Good curry. I used tempeh instead of tofu cause I like that more. The tempeh I first fried in a little oil until golden brown and crispy. Furthermore i substituted the vegetable stock for a can of chopped tomatoes and added a little water to meat the 500ml stated. For vegetables I used mushrooms and round green beans. The curry is easy to make and I like the fact that I can use a variety of vegetables. The lemon use is essential to this curry, gives it just that little extra. Thanks for posting.
- 500 g onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 40 g fresh ginger, peeled and diced
- 300 g tofu, drained and cubed
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 large lemon
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 500 ml vegetable stock
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute the onions for a few minutes until lightly browned.
- Add the garlic and ginger and fry for a few more minutes. Add the curry powder.
- Add the lemon juice with the stock and coconut milk.
- Add the tofu.
- Bring to the boil and then simmer gently uncovered for about 30 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
- Serve over basmati rice.