Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a very simple curry. You can add any vegetable that you like. I found this recipe on the post punk kitchen and changed it a bit. You can add only half a lemon juice if you don't like a strong tart flavor. Throw in your favorite vegetable (eggplant, sweet potato, pepper, etc.)
- 500 g onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 40 g fresh ginger, peeled and diced
- 300 g tofu, drained and cubed
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 large lemon
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 500 ml vegetable stock
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- Saute the onions for a few minutes until lightly browned.
- Add the garlic and ginger and fry for a few more minutes. Add the curry powder.
- Add the lemon juice with the stock and coconut milk.
- Add the tofu.
- Bring to the boil and then simmer gently uncovered for about 30 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
- Serve over basmati rice.
Good curry. I used tempeh instead of tofu cause I like that more. The tempeh I first fried in a little oil until golden brown and crispy. Furthermore i substituted the vegetable stock for a can of chopped tomatoes and added a little water to meat the 500ml stated. For vegetables I used mushrooms and round green beans. The curry is easy to make and I like the fact that I can use a variety of vegetables. The lemon use is essential to this curry, gives it just that little extra. Thanks for posting.
of all the curry recipes i've tried on this website, this one is the best. it's easy to make and it tastes great. and i can add other vegetables of my choice to it. definitely one of my staple recipes.