1/1 Photo of Basic Cupcakes (Vegan)
??? Dreaming ???'s Note:
A "white" vegan cake which actually tastes OK! Quick and simple ... nothing fancy. Can be changed about as you like. Suggestions: Add nuts, glace cherries, choc chips, cocoa, lemon/orange rind, coffee etc. to the mix. Add cocoa powder, lemon/orange rind or coffee to the icing or replace water with orange/lemon juice. Decorate with nuts, cherries, coloured strands or grated chocolate. You get the idea! Or they're nice just plain. Sorry if my US conversions are a bit out!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups self-rising flour
- 1/4 cup soya flour
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 cup all- vegetable margarine
- 75 ml orange juice
- 75 ml water
- flavoring (suggestions above) (optional)
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 2 -4 tablespoons warm water (or a mix of the two) or 2 -4 tablespoons lemons (or a mix of the two) or 2 -4 tablespoons orange juice (or a mix of the two)
- flavoring (optional, suggestions above)
- 1Pre-heat oven to gas 3 / 325f.
- 2MIX: In a large bowl "cream" sugar and marg until smooth.
- 3Sieve flour and soya flour and bicarb of soda (plus cocoa or coffee if using) in to sugar and marg.
- 4Mix well.
- 5Add juice and water.
- 6Add other flavouring(s) if using.
- 7Spoon evenly in to 12 cake cases.
- 8Bake for 25-35 mins, until cakes spring back when poked.
- 9Leave to cool completely.
- 10ICING: Sieve icing sugar (plus falvouring if using) into bowl.
- 11Add water/juice until it is at your desired thickness, stirring it at same time. A little liquid is usually enough!
- 12Spoon onto the cool cakes, adding any decoration on top of unset icing.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basic Cupcakes (Vegan)
Serving Size: 1 (48 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 195.4
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 307.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 18.8 g
- Protein 2.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: