Recipe by Foodie Friend
I searched through many fabulous looking recipes on this site, but I needed something very basic, traditional and that I could cook overnight in a crock pot with minimal prep in the morning. I served this as a side dish at a lunch for 20 people and there were no leftovers! Important: since they are basic mashed potatoes I did serve them with gravy (along with fried chicken, biscuits and green beans. Hope you enjoy!
- 7 lbs potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper (important to use white pepper only)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half (more or less to the consistency of your liking)
- 1⁄4 cup butter (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place peeled and quartered potatoes in a large crock pot and fill with water.
- Cook on low over night for 8 hours.
- In the morning drain potatoes (if desired save some potato water for gravy base) and mash with remaining ingredients.
- Dot with extra butter.
- Transport crock pot (if necessary) and cook on low for 3 hours, stir and serve immediately.