Recipe by Mrs.Habu
French pancakes take a little longer to make but are delicious served with fresh berries, or a sprinkle of sugar and lemon juice
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon melted unsalted butter, plus more for cooking
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, 1/2 a cup of milk, sugar, flour, and salt until the batter is smooth.
- Whisk the remaining cup of milk and 1 tablespoon of melted butter into the batter. Let it stand for 1 hour at room temperature.
- Heat 7 inch crepe pan (or small skillet) over moderate heat and brush with melted butter. Pour 3 tablespoons of batter into the pan and immediately rotate the pan to coat the bottom evenly. Cook until lightly browned on the bottom (about 30 seconds).
- Flip the crepe and cook until brown dots appear on the second side, which takes about 10 seconds longer. Continue making crepes with the remaining batter. Should make about 17.