Recipe by Ceezie
These crepes can be used with a variety of sweet or savory fillings. They're the perfect foundation for our souffléd crepes or ricotta blintzes with berry compote.
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour, plus
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 tablespoon melted unsalted butter, plus
- 8 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a blender, combine the milk, egg, flour, the 1/2 Tbs. melted butter and the salt and blend until smooth. Refrigerate for 2 to 8 hours.
- In a crepe pan over medium heat, melt 1 teaspoons of the butter to coat the pan evenly. Lift the pan at a slight angle and pour 2 Tbs. of the batter into the center, tilting the pan to spread the batter to the edges.
- Return the pan to the heat and cook until the crepe is golden underneath, 1 to 2 minutes. Using a spatula, flip the crepe over and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate and cover. Repeat with the remaining batter. Makes 8 crepes.