Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
Crepes can be folded and filled with your choice of filling. Time does not include 1 hour resting time.
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted plus more for cooking
- Combine the milk, water, eggs, flour and salt. Blend until batter is smooth and lump-free. Pour in the 3 tablespoons of melted butter and whisk just to incorporate.
- Refrigerate the batter for 1 hour to let it rest. If you make them too soon, they may be rubbery.
- Warm an 8-inch crepe pan or nonstick skillet over medium heat. Brush with a little melted butter.
- While swirling the pan, ladle 1/4 cup batter into the pan to cover evenly. Cook for 30-45 seconds, until the batter sets.
- Lightly tap the edge of the pan with a wooden spoon to loosen the crepe, then flip and cook 30 more seconds. Alternately, you may use a rubber spatula to flip the crepe.
- The crepes should be pliable, not crisp, and light brown in color. Slice onto a platter, covered with a towel, while you make the rest of the crepes.