Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
BASIC CREAM FILLING CHOCOLATE FILLING COCONUT CREAM FILLING COFFEE FILLING DATE CREAM FILLING Basic Cream Filling:
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk, scalded
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix flour, sugar, and salt. Add the scalded milk.
- Cook over oduble boiler until thick.
- About 15 minutes.
- Add the butter.
- Pour this mixture over the egg yolks and stir again.
- Last, add the vanilla.
- Please use the previous recipe for Cream Filling to fulfill for the following recipes: CHOCOLATE FILLING: Following directions for the cream filling; add 2 ounces of baker's unsweetened chocolate to the scalded milk.
- INCREASE the sugar to 1 cup.
- COCONUT CREAM FILLING Following directions for the cream filling, add 1 cup of shredded coconut. COFFEE FILLING Following directions for the cream filling, add 1/4 cup of instant coffee BEFORE scalding the milk.
- DATE CREAM FILLING Following directions for the cream filling, add 1/4 pound of chopped dates and 1 tsp grated lemon rind to milk before it is added to the cream filling recipe.
Thank you! I've traveled many, many websites looking for an easy filling for my son's christening cake. This'll do perfectly!
veary. veary. fast! and helpful.