1 hr 33 mins
1 hr 13 mins
This is a basic (not overly sweet) cream cheese cheesecake recipe. "cooking time" includes the separate baking time for the crust.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2Cream butter and sugar together.
- 3Add egg yolk and vanilla.
- 4Gradually add flour and lemon zest, and mix until dough pulls away from sides of bowl.
- 5Grease the bottom only of a 9-inch springform pan.
- 6Pat dough evenly over the entire bottom of pan.
- 7Bake bottom crust at 350°F for 5 minutes.
- 8Cool completely before greasing sides of pan.
- 10Note: All ingredients MUST be at room temperature!
- 11In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar together on lowest speed until well blended, scrape sides of bowl.
- 12Add flour and salt, then add the eggs one at a time, mixing after each.
- 13Scrape bowl, then add 2 egg yolks.
- 14Add vanilla, lemon zest and heavy cream, stir to mix well.
- 15Pour batter into prepared pan and bake in a preheated 500°F oven for 8 minutes.
- 16Turn oven temperature down to 350°F and continue baking for one hour.
- 17Remove from oven and cool cake completely before removing the sides of pan.
- 18Refrigerate until ready to serve (at least 4 hours).
- 19Note: I have never used a water bath with this recipe and have never had the cheesecake crack. Overbeating the filling and overbaking the cake is what will cause cracks.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basic (Cream Cheese) Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (2063 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 7204.0
- Calories from Fat 4932
- Total Fat 548.0 g
- Saturated Fat 333.4 g
- Cholesterol 3196.8 mg
- Sodium 4989.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 449.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 305.2 g
- Protein 141.9 g