Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Basic cream centers for candy with flavoring options. Must be chilled several hours before use. Cook time below is actually chill time.
- 3 1⁄2 cups dry fondant mix (almost 1 1/2 lbs)
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- Combine fondant with butter (mixes easiest with a pastry cutter).
- Cover and let set several hours or overnight.
- Kneed together until blended.
- Heat whipping cream to boiling point but DO NOT BOIL.
- Add cream to mixture.
- Cool slightly and kneed with hands until smooth.
- If centers are to soft, add more fondant; to stiff, add more butter.
- Flavor as desired using suggestions below added to 1/2 cup basic cream centers.
- Chocolate: 2 Tbl melted molding chocolateCombine and mix well.
- Mint: 1/8 tsp mint oil (pepermint, spearment, or wintergreen) Mix well.
- Peanut Butter:1 cup peanut butter6 long graham crackers, ground fine.
- Mix well.