- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup yogurt or 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons honey or 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease an 8 inch square pan with oil.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a medium sized bowl.
- Combine the wet ingredients[including the sugar or honey] separately.
- Stir the wet mixture into the dry just enough to thoroughly combine.
- Spread into the greased tin.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the centre is firm to the touch.