Recipe by Satisfied Kris
Posted per a request. This is a Great Aunt's recipe from our Family Recipe Cookbook. I'm not sure how many cookies it makes or the prep time(probably varies depending on ingredients you include)
Top Review by Kiss*My*Tiara
This recipe was posted for me, and thank you very much for posting it. I made so many cookies for Christmas with this recipe. I think I made 2 or 3 batches, and it produced countless cookies. I added so many different things to make so many different kinds of cookies. Some things I added: coccoa powder (to make chocolate), chocolate chunks, nuts, butterscotch, cinnamon, chopped peanutbutter cup, and cookie cutters by adding a little extra flour. Thank you very much for taking the time to post this!
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 cups brown sugar (or 1 cup white, 1 cup brown)
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Sift and Add
- 4 cups flour (or 2 cups flour, 2 cups quick oats)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Hopefully the Cream Together, Stir in, and Sift and Add directions above will make sense to everyone.
- Bake in oven at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Any one of the following could also be added: 1/2 cup chopped dates; 1 cup chocolate chips, 1 cup coconut.