Recipe by whyamiawake
This is an amazing rice I found nearly 20 years ago. It can be used with SO many recipies.
Top Review by emitpan
This is from Paul Prudhomme's Louisiana Kitchen (Copyright 1984). I love this rice and have made it many times over the years. I generally make it just as written except I use a medium casserole with lid instead of messing with the loaf pans and foil. Thanks for posting Suz...
- 2 cups uncooked rice (preferably converted)
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons very finely chopped onions
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons very finely chopped celery
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons very finely chopped green peppers
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pinch white pepper
- 1 pinch ground red pepper (preferably cayenne)
- 1 pinch black pepper