Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
This is an amazing rice I found nearly 20 years ago. It can be used with SO many recipies.
- 2 cups uncooked rice (preferably converted)
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons very finely chopped onions
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons very finely chopped celery
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons very finely chopped green peppers
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pinch white pepper
- 1 pinch ground red pepper (preferably cayenne)
- 1 pinch black pepper
- In a 5 x 9 x 2 1/2 loaf pan, combine all ingredients; mix well.
- Seal pan with foil.
- Bake at 350 F until rice is tender, about 1 hour, 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
- To reheat - use double boiler or warm skillet with unsalted butter.
This is from Paul Prudhomme's Louisiana Kitchen (Copyright 1984). I love this rice and have made it many times over the years. I generally make it just as written except I use a medium casserole with lid instead of messing with the loaf pans and foil. Thanks for posting Suz...
loved this recipe. my modifications; 2 cloves of pressed garlic instead of garlic powder. i cut the water and rice in half for the two of us. excelent.