Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A good, tasty coney sauce if you're in a hurry and don't want to deal with a list of obscure ingredients. Enjoy!
- 2 lbs ground chuck
- 2 cups fresh onions, diced
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 cups ketchup
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 12 ounces beer (not "lite")
- 1⁄4 cup prepared yellow mustard
- In a large cooking pot, brown the ground chuck and the onion over medium heat, just until the meat is no longer pink. Pour off the fat as best as you can.
- Stir in the chili powder and allow to simmer on low heat for about five minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and allow to simmer on very low heat, covered, for 2 hours.
- Serve with onions, mustard, relish, and any kind of hot dogs on steamed buns. I like to toss the hot dogs into the sauce for about ten minutes to cook them.
- NOTE: A good way to steam hot dog buns is to put 4 or 5 buns into a gallon zip-lock bag, flip in about 2 teaspoons of tap water with your fingers and, (not sealing the bag completely), microwave it on the defrost mode for one minute.