Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is from the book Natural Beauty At Home by Janice Cox. This recipe is posted by request.
Make and share this Basic Cold Cream To Relieve Dryness recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄8 teaspoon borax
- 1⁄4 cup distilled water
- 1⁄2 cup mineral oil or 1⁄2 cup light cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons grated beeswax
- Dissolve the borax in the water in a glass measuring cup.
- Set aside.
- Mix together the oil and beeswax in another glass measuring cup.
- Place the glass cup in a pan of water (about 1-2 inches of water), making a water bath.
- Heat the oil-beeswax mixture in the water bath over medium heat until the beeswax is melted, stirring occasionally.
- This takes about 10 minutes.
- When the wax is melted, bring the borax-water mixture almost to a boil.
- You can do this by putting the glass cup in the microwave on HIGH for 1 minute.
- Otherwise, you may heat it on the stove top in a water bath.
- Remove the mixture from the water bath.
- Slowly add the borax-water mixture to it, stirring briskly.
- (You can also put the mixtures in the blender and whip).
- Pour the cream into a clean container with a lid.
- To use, massage a small amount into your skin and tissue off or rinse off with warm water.
- Note: The mixture will become white and fluffy but will be a bit runny until it has cooled completely.
- Once it has cooled, you will have a nice basic cold cream ready.
- Since no perfumes have been added, it will remain unscented.
- If you choose to prepare a cold cream with a fragrance, just add a few drops of your favourite scent as the mixture is cooling.