Recipe by foodiequeen
From http://thesaripartygirl.multiply.com/ Tips: If you dont have nutmeg, you can leave it out. You have to really flatten the dough and poke a big hole into the center, as the doughnut will puff up, and close the doughnut a little.
Top Review by KatBlack
These were so good! I made them into balls and rolled them in cinnamon sugar. The batter makes them taste so good! I made them for a day with the girls and they were gone in minutes! Thank you!
- 4 cups plain flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon butter
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- icing sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Put flour in shallow pan, add salt, baking powder, and sugar.
- Rub in butter with fingertips.
- Add the well beaten egg and milk and stir thoroughly.
- Toss on floured board, roll to one-fourth inch in thickness, shape, fry, and drain.
- Mix cinnamon and nutmeg with icing sugar to taste and use it to dust the cooled donuts.