Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From http://thesaripartygirl.multiply.com/ Tips: If you dont have nutmeg, you can leave it out. You have to really flatten the dough and poke a big hole into the center, as the doughnut will puff up, and close the doughnut a little.
- Put flour in shallow pan, add salt, baking powder, and sugar.
- Rub in butter with fingertips.
- Add the well beaten egg and milk and stir thoroughly.
- Toss on floured board, roll to one-fourth inch in thickness, shape, fry, and drain.
- Mix cinnamon and nutmeg with icing sugar to taste and use it to dust the cooled donuts.