Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
From http://thesaripartygirl.multiply.com/ Tips: If you dont have nutmeg, you can leave it out. You have to really flatten the dough and poke a big hole into the center, as the doughnut will puff up, and close the doughnut a little.
- 4 cups plain flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon butter
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- icing sugar
- Put flour in shallow pan, add salt, baking powder, and sugar.
- Rub in butter with fingertips.
- Add the well beaten egg and milk and stir thoroughly.
- Toss on floured board, roll to one-fourth inch in thickness, shape, fry, and drain.
- Mix cinnamon and nutmeg with icing sugar to taste and use it to dust the cooled donuts.
These were so good! I made them into balls and rolled them in cinnamon sugar. The batter makes them taste so good! I made them for a day with the girls and they were gone in minutes! Thank you!
i made these according to the method and they were so delicious..mmmmm. they were so sweet and cinnomyy.JUST A TIP for people who make this recipe have one as soon as it comes out of the ovenn,,coat it in cinnomen sugar and eat it when it is hot..............THEY ARE SO NICEEEEEE. THIS RECIPE WAS THE BEST ON THE PAGE . THE ONLY PROBLEM IS I DIDNT KNOW HOW MANY IT MADE.... yummmmmmmmmm